Edukot is free and open to everyone, but you must be registered in Edukot to get extra privileges like Asking questing,Answering, voting, posting, commenting and many more......
Share What You Know With Others. Help Others, Get Helped !
XML Port in Microsoft Dynamics Navision are the object types used to export and import data from tables. The Data from table can be exported and can be imported to the table in various formats such as in .txt format, .csv format, xml format by the use of XML Port. It reduces the effort, in case huge amount of data is to be entered manually in table, then you can import the all the data into table directly without the use of any coding by the help of XML Port.
Here, I am going to demonstrate, how to create a XML Port and how to import and export data from a table.
1. Lets take an example to export the customer usefull information into excel file, then add some data and again add only new data to the table, Here, we have to take out all the data from Customer table from Dynamics Navision Database.
2. Lets create a XML Port, and Just Add the column from table that you want to export or import.
3. Now place cursor to the last blank line, and go to View -> Properties and change Format to Variable Text and Direction to Both and Save it.
4. Lets take the case to Export data from Customer Table, Run the XML Port, and Select Export, and click OK, then it will ask to save the file, You can save it as Text File, XMl File or CSV File. just save it and open the file.
5. By, This Way You Will Get all The data in any format, Now lets take the case to Import data into Customer Table, Just Add Some New Data in CSV file
in the Same Format. Again Run The XML Port and select IMPORT, and Choose the file in which you added the new data.
For Example I have added this data,
Just follow the above step to import the data into the table,
Edukot is free and open to everyone, but you must be registered in Edukot to get extra privileges like Asking questing, voting, posting, commenting and many more......